Patience is an important virtue to possess though some might say it's in short supply in today's fast paced world. Many people want things now! Now! Now! When they get denied, they can get furious, sad, confrontational or can even shut you out. My advice is, bros abeg take am jeje (please take it easy) and calm down. This post was inspired by my Monday post, 07 Ways to be More Patient. Anyway, that aside, let's get down to brass tacks...
30 Timeless Quotes About Patience
1. "I believe that a trusting attitude and a patient attitude go hand in hand. You see, when you let go and learn to trust God, it releases joy in your life. And when you trust God, you're able to more patient. Patience is not just about waiting for something... it's about how you wait, or your attitude while waiting." - Joyce Meyer
2. "I have seen many storms in my life. Most storms have caught me by surprise, so I had to learn very quickly to look further and understand that I am not capable of controlling the weather, to exercise the art of patience and to respect the fury of nature". - Paul Coelho
3. "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time". - Leo Tolstoy
4. "Patience is the companion of wisdom". - Saint Augustine
5. "Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success". - Napoleon Hill
6. “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” - A.A. Milne
7. “Trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit.” - Molière
8. “There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you, and there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.” - Lemony Snicket
9. “He that can have patience can have what he will.” - Benjamin Franklin
10. “Top 15 Things Money Can’t Buy
Time. Happiness. Inner Peace. Integrity. Love. Character. Manners. Health. Respect. Morals. Trust. Patience. Class. Common sense. Dignity.” - Roy T. Bennett
11. “One minute of patience, ten years of peace.” - Greek proverb
12. “Have patience, my friend, have patience; For Rome wasn’t built in a day! You wear yourself out for nothing In many and many a way! Why are you nervous and fretty When things do not move along fast; Why let yourself get excited Over things that will soon be past?” - Gertrude Tooley Buckingham
13. “Learn the art of patience. Apply discipline to your thoughts when they become anxious over the outcome of a goal. Impatience breeds anxiety, fear, discouragement and failure. Patience creates confidence, decisiveness, and a rational outlook, which eventually leads to success.” - Brian Adams
14. “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” - John Quincy Adams
Related: 07 Ways to be More Patient
Like what you see? Click this image to read the full article. Share this image on social media. Thank you!
16. “Trust the process. Your time is coming. Just do the work and the results will handle themselves.” - Tony Gaskins
17. “God has perfect timing; never early, never late. It takes a little patience and it takes a lot of faith but it’s worth the wait.” - Anonymous
18. “Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy.” - Saadi
19. “Be patient. Everything is coming together.” - Anonymous
20. "Learning patience can be a difficult experience, but once conquered you will find life is easier." - Catherine Pulsifer
21. "God's love is patient, persistent, and persevering." - Rick Warren
22. "Two things define you: Your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything." - George Bernard Shaw
23. "Patience and diligence, like faith, remove mountains." William Penn
24. "Struggles often serve to release the wisdom, patience, and strength we all possess but too seldom demonstrate." - Jim Stovall
25. "Endurance is nobler than strength, and patience than beauty." - John Ruskin
26. "At the bottom of patience one finds heaven." - Kanuri (West African tribe) proverb
27. “At the gate of patience there is no crowding." - Moroccan proverb
28. "By diligence and patience, the mouse bit in two the cable." - Ben Franklin
29. “Don't cross the bridge til you come to it." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
30. “Don't expect things to go right the first time." - Unknown
WELP, THAT'S IT FROM ME, GUYS! NOW...
Remember to TAKE ACTION because to know and not to do is truly not to know. Make sure you download my infographic on '10 Ways to be More Patient' take it as a substitute for reading long posts. Do you have problems with patience or are you a zen master who can give us more tips on patience? Comment below. Share this post on social media so it can have an impact on someone else (don't be selfish haha). SUBSCRIBE so you don't miss anything from me and to get my free e-books, 10 Key Habits of Successful People and 11 Steps for Creating an Effective Plan. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest. If you're a blogger interested in guest posting then message me on the CONTACT PAGE or Instagram. See ya next Friday.
Parent Post: 07 Ways to be More Patient
Book Recommendations Post: Hurry Up and Read These 5 Books on Patience!
Previous Post: 46 Quotes on Time & Time Management
Jeweller on Mondays, Book Connoisseur on Wednesdays, Quotologist on Fridays, the occasional Interviewer and Blogger everyday! My name is Ofai and I'm passionate about blogging and it gives me fulfillment that I can help you out so sit back, relax and enjoy your weekly carats of #SelfImprovementGems with me!