Fear as I've mentioned can trigger the "fight or flight response" which means you can get violent or get away from the threatening situation. But you can look at it as an opportunity to stand up for yourself and face your fears! Conquering your fears is imperative to success and greatness.
Quotes on Conquering Fear
It's your fave Quotologist yours truly and for this #FreshQuotesFriday, I'm taking you on a deep dive into the world of conquering your fears. It is based on my Monday post, 5 Tips for Overcoming Fear. Let's dive innn!
1. “It’s okay to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something really, really brave.” - Mandy Hale
2. “There is no illusion greater than fear.” - Lao Tzu
3. “To escape fear, you have to go through it, not around.” - Richie Norton
4. “Sometimes, when we want something so badly, we fear failure more than we fear being without that thing.” - Matthew J. Kirby
5. “Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.” - Helen Keller
6. “One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn’t do.” - Henry Ford
7. “The eagle has no fear of adversity. We need to be like the eagle and have a fearless spirit of a conqueror!” - Joyce Meyer
8. “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.” - Marie Curie
9. “Being brave isn’t the absence of fear. Being brave is having that fear but finding a way through it.” - Bear Grylls
10. “Do the thing we fear, and death of fear is certain.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
11. "Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it." - Salvador Dali
12. "Thinking will not overcome fear but action will." -W. Clement Stone
13. "Men are not afraid of things, but of how they view them." - Epictetus
14. "If you want to catch your dreams, you have to drop your fears." - Anton Rubaclini
15. "What is needed, rather than running away or controlling or suppressing or any other resistance, is understanding fear; that means, watch it, learn about it, come directly into contact with it. We are to learn about fear, not how to escape from it." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
16. "Love is what we were born with. Fear is what we learned here." - Marianne Williamson
17. “Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
18. “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.” - Jack Canfield
19. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain
20. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
21. "Meet your fears with faith." - Max Lucado
22. "I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone." - Thomas Merton
23. "Faith, which is trust, and fear are opposite poles. If a man has the one, he can scarcely have the other in vigorous operation. He that has his trust set upon God does not need to dread anything except the weakening or the paralyzing of that trust." - Alexander MacLaren
24. "Fear is a self imposed prison that will keep you from becoming what God intends for you to be. You must move against it with the weapons of faith and love." - Rick Warren
25. "The only known antidote to fear is faith." - Woodrow Kroll
26. "Remember your dreams and fight for them. You must know what you want from life. There is just one thing that makes your dream become impossible; the fear of failure." - Paul Coelho
27. "If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles." - Sun Tzu
28. "Don't let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don't like them." - Stacy London
29. "We are afraid to care too much for fear that the other person does not care at all." - Eleanor Roosevelt
30. "It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live." - Marcus Aurelius
THAT'S IT FROM ME, GUYS, NOW...
Remember to TAKE ACTION because to know and not to do is truly not to know. Did you enjoy this post or you have more quotes you wanna add? Comment below. Share this post if you found it useful or helpful. SUBSCRIBE so you don't miss anything from me and to get my free e-books, 10 Key Habits of Successful People and 11 Steps for Creating an Effective Plan. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest. If you're a blogger interested in guest posting then message me on the CONTACT PAGE or Instagram. See ya next Friday.
Parent Post: 5 Tips for Overcoming Fear
Previous Post: 44 Quotes on Responsibility
Jeweller on Mondays, Book Connoisseur on Wednesdays, Quotologist on Fridays, the occasional Interviewer and Blogger everyday! My name is Ofai and I'm passionate about blogging and it gives me fulfillment that I can help you out so sit back, relax and enjoy your weekly carats of #SelfImprovementGems with me!