Hey Gemmers, your fave first time quotologist (still working on that one, hit or miss? Comment below), Ofai here. To get today’s post I had to search far and wide from East to West, North to South, I had to study with a priest in the Vatican for 5 years, then I made a journey to Nepal like Dr Strange to study with the monks for well over year. Afterwards, I headed to Tibet to gain some wisdom from the Dalai Lama, travelled to Japan to train with some Buddhist monks and then went to the middle east to study the arts and then came back to Africa to study with the wise ones in the Congo. Finally, I had to go to the Amazon to fight off deadly anacondas just to prove how real my thirst for knowledge is. Nah I’m joking, I just got these off the internet like any regular person. Here’s how this is gonna work, for every post I do on Monday I’ll post related and relevant quotes on it on Friday as a gentle reminder to TAKE ACTION and to deliver our message in a quick, digestible and easy way (short and sweet). Since I did two proper topics instead of one this week you get 2x the fun! Let’s dive innn!
23 QUOTES ON COMPARISON
1. “A flower doesn’t not think of competing with the flower next to it, it just blooms”.
2. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent”. - Eleanor Roosevelt.
3. “Comparison is the thief of joy”. - Theodore Roosevelt
4. “Your story is unique and so so different, not worthy of comparison”.
5. “Every minute you spend wishing you had someone else’s life is a minute you spend wasting yours”.
6. “How much time he gains who does not look to see what his neighbour says or does or thinks, but only at what he does himself, to make it just and holy”. – Marcus Aurelius
7. “Personality begins where comparison leaves off. Be unique, be memorable, be confident, be proud”. – Shannon L. Alder
8. “Comparison is an act of violence against the self”. – Iyanla Vanzant.
9. “I am not beautiful like you, I am beautiful like me!”
10. “Have more than you show and speak less than you know”. - William Shakespeare
11. “Don’t compare yourself to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about”. – Regina Brett
12. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself”. – Coco Chanel
13. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment”. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. “Don’t compare your beginnings with someone else’s middle”. – Tim Hiller
15. “You don’t have to do what everyone else is doing”. – Oprah Winfrey
16. “Judgement…is one of the ego’s tools to foster separation through comparison”. – Peter Santos
17. “Happiness in the present is only shattered by comparison in the past”.
18. “A wise man looks upon men as he does on horses, all their comparisons of title. wealth, and place, he considers but as harness”. – Robert Cecil.
19. “Comparison is the most dangerous acquaintance love can make”. – Soren Kierkegaard
20. “Comparison will be the number one thing that will keep you from doing what God’s calling you to do. He’s put a gift and a call and a desire in your heart that is different than anyone else’s and you’re wired that way for a reason”. – Kari Jobe
21. “Comparison with myself brings improvement, comparison with others brings discontent”. -Betty Jamie Chung
22. “If you think you’re too small to make a difference try sleeping with a mosquito”. – Dalai Lama
23. “Don’t compare your life to others. There’s no comparison between the sun and the moon. They shine when it’s their time”. - Buddha
26 QUOTES ON FORGIVENESS
1. “Let’s forgive each other – only then will we live in peace”. – Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy
2. “Forgiveness does not change the past but it does change the future”. - Paul Lewis Boose
3. “There is no love without forgiveness and there is no forgiveness without love”. – Bryant H. McGill
4. “Remember you don’t forgive someone for his or her sake – you forgive them for your sake”.
5. “Forgive others as quickly as you expect God to forgive you”. – Anonymous
6. “They caused the first wound, but you are causing the rest; this is what not forgiving does. They got it started, but you keep it going. Forgive and let it go, or it will eat you alive. You think they made you feel this way, but when you won’t forgive, you are the one inflicting the pain on yourself”. – Bryant McGill
7. I can have peace of mind only when I forgive rather than judge – Gerald Jamplosky
8. “When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow”. – Anonymous
9. “If we must really want to love, we must learn how to forgive”. – Mother Theresa
10. “Forgiving doesn’t mean forgetting, it means choosing to remember love instead”. – Kyle Gray
11. “Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were”. – Cherie Carter-Scott
12. “One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory”. – Rita Mae Brown
13. “When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free”. – Catherine Ponder
14. “Life is an adventure in forgiveness”. – Norman Cousins
15. “True forgiveness is when you can say thank you for that experience”. – Oprah
16. “You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and feel the power to wish them well”. – Lewis B. Smedes
17. “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you”. – Unknown.
18. “Forgiveness is me giving up my right to hurt you for hurting me”. – Anonymous
19. “Sincere forgiveness isn’t coloured with expectations that the other person apologise for change. Don’t worry whether or not they finally understand you. Love them and release them. Life feeds back truth to people in its own way and time just like it does for you and me”. – Sara Paddison
20. “Grudges are poison and are anchors that hold you down”. – Gary Vaynerchuck
21. “Forgiveness is the giving and also the receiving of life.” – George MacDonald
22. “Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.” – Mark Twain
23. “Always forgive your enemies – nothing annoys them as much.” – Oscar Wilde
24. “Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting.” – William Arthur Ward
25. “He who cannot forgive breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass.” – George Herbert.
26. We are to forgive others “seventy times seven” - Jesus
That’s it guys. Let me know if you enjoyed this post by Liking and Commenting below. If you really liked it Share it with your friends and if you really really liked it SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss a thing from us anymore on the blog. Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest for even more content. If you want to do a guest post feel free to message us on our contact page or you can contact us on Instagram. See ya next Friday.
Parent Posts: Stop Comparing Yourself! It’s a Losing Game!
WHO HURT YOU?? How to Forgive & Let Go
Jeweller on Mondays, Book Connoisseur on Wednesdays, Quotologist on Fridays, the occasional Interviewer and Blogger everyday! My name is Ofai and I'm passionate about blogging and it gives me fulfillment that I can help you out so sit back, relax and enjoy your weekly carats of #SelfImprovementGems with me!