Hey Gemmers, it's Friday again #TGIF and you know it's #FreshQuotesFriday with your fave Quotologist yours truly. For today's knowledgeable and wise quotes, we dive into the world of insecurities, understanding them and overcoming them. Check out my Monday post, Beefing Up Your Security: How to Overcome Insecurity, check out my Wednesday post, Best Books on Overcoming Insecurity. Now, on to the matter at hand today... let's dive innn!
25 Quotes on Insecurity
1. "Most men have an insecurity of some sort. But we're brought up to believe that we can't show them." - Luke Evans
2. "Most bad behaviour comes from insecurity." - Debra Winger
3. "A competent and self-confident person is incapable of jealousy in anything. Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity." - Robert A. Heinlein
4. "It's insecurity that is always chasing you and standing in the way of your dreams." - Vin Diesel
5. "I think we are all insecure, and there is nothing wrong in accepting that. But the problem arises when we try to counter this insecurity by cultivating this illusion of control, and we start taking ourselves and everything we know too seriously." - Sushant Singh Rajput
6. “Being different is a revolving door in your life where secure people enter and insecure exit.” - Shannon L. Adler
7. “It has always seemed that a fear of judgment is the mark of guilt and the burden of insecurity.” - Criss Jami
8. “Why escape your intended purpose by copying and trying to be someone else? You will discover who you were meant to be only after you have shown confidence being yourself.” - Suzy Kassem
9. "Confidence is silent. Insecurities are loud."
10. "Jealousy isn't a female trait. Jealousy is an insecure trait. Insecurity doesn't discriminate." - Sonya Teglat
11. "Insecurity kills all that is beautiful" - Demi Lovato
12. "Insecurity is your intuition telling you that something's not right...either with them or with you." - Charles J. Orlando
13. "The deepest of a woman's insecurities often come from the men who have hurt them." - DodInSky
14. "The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel." – Steve Furtick
15. "Society taught me that no matter what size I am, I will never be good enough. I’ll always be too skinny, too fat, too short, too tall…Too this, too that."
16. "I have insecurities, of course, but I don’t hang out with anyone who points them out to me." – Adele
17. "One of the greatest journeys in life is overcoming insecurity and learning to truly not give a shit." – J.A. Konrath
18. "What people say is wrong with you is most likely what’s wrong with themselves." – Hussein Nishah
19. "Money is not a cure for insecurities." - Ofai Edori
20. “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” - Louise L. Hay
21. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." - Buddha
22. "You can't make people be or do what you want. All you can do is be unapologetic about what you want and let others show up however they can." - Gabrielle Bernstein
23. "Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."- Steve Jobs
24. "Never be afraid of failure or disappointment, because those are just temporary experiences on the path to your dreams coming true."- Doreen Virtue
25. "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, to be gorgeous, talented, and fabulous. Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that others won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God within us. And as we let our light shine, we consciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others." - Marianne Williamson
Wow, wow, wow, just wow! What a way to round up today's quotes right? Well, that's it from me, Gemmers. Now, it's your turn!
Remember to TAKE ACTION because to know and not to do is really not to know. Did you find these quotes helpful or inspiring or do you have more quotes you wanna share with us? Comment below. Share this on social media and SUBSCRIBE to never miss a thing from me. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest. Are you a blogger wishing to do a guest post or collab? Message me on the CONTACT PAGE or Instagram. See ya next Friday.
Parent Post: Beefing Up Your Security: How to Overcome Insecurity
Book Recommendations Post: Best Books on Overcoming Insecurity
Jeweller on Mondays, Book Connoisseur on Wednesdays, Quotologist on Fridays, the occasional Interviewer and Blogger everyday! My name is Ofai and I'm passionate about blogging and it gives me fulfillment that I can help you out so sit back, relax and enjoy your weekly carats of #SelfImprovementGems with me!