Hey Gemmers, what a way to start the month. Happy new month guys and welcome to the second half of the year. This is my first guest post and here’s to more in the future. This one is from Hafsa Saqib, all the way from Pakistan! Small world right? I’ll leave all her links below so make sure to give a follow on her blog and social media, guys.
INTRODUCTION TO RESPONSIBILITY
It is globally recognized that when we reach 18 we become adults, young adults. Adulthood is somewhat synonymous with responsibility, that means all your actions are yours and the blame will solely fall on you. Everyone here has heard about responsibility; some people are very responsible and some are not. We in our lives would have heard about the phrase as " YOU ARE NOT A RESPONSIBLE PERSON! ", but not everyone understands the literal meaning of this.
We are responsible for our own actions. No one asks us to do what we want to; If I am not doing my job properly then its my responsibility to make the necessary improvements in my job. NOW is the time to be responsible and stop blaming others for my own actions. Responsibility is the key to my success if it is to be then it's up to me.
No one is naturally responsible, it doesn't come at birth, it is something you inculcate in your personality as you grow up and move ahead towards your practical life. Your sense of responsibility come from your surroundings mostly from your family members, your friends, your relatives, the shows or the movies you watch on television etc. You hear and see lots of bad and good things so your sense of responsibility solely depends on you. You yourself choose the environment for you to live in!
However, we can say that its a skill that everyone must learn and inculcate in their lives. It all comes down to your conscious decisions about your life. You are responsible for choosing good and bad actions, therefore blaming others for your mistakes is out of way. Here comes some of the tips that how can you be the responsible person and shining star of the society!
LET’S HAVE A LOOK!
9 TIPS FOR BEING RESPONSIBLE
1. SAY NO TO EXCUSES!: Always say the true reason for your failure; that why you failed to accomplish that task instead of blaming others for your work. You are considered an irresponsible person when you come up with excuses for your failure. It makes you the coward person of the society. If you think that this task is hard for you or you can't manage to do it, then never offer your hand to others or make promise in the first place, because this will led you and others disappointed. You need to look at yourself wisely concerning the tasks you can perform and the ones you cannot, in order to avoid making lame excuses for yourself. Whenever you encounter such situations in your life, SPEAK THE TRUTH, instead of coming up with a pretty little lie!
2. MANAGE YOUR FINANCES PROPERLY!: Standing on your two feet independently is one of the biggest responsibilities of adulthood. TAKING CARE OF YOUR MONEY is the biggest responsibility an adult faces. Unfortunately, not everyone learns to manage their finances.
For example, you are doing a job and you get handsome amount of your salary but before the end the end of month you have spend majority of your salary, which counts in irresponsibility of a person. So to avoid such cases its recommendable to put some amount aside as your savings, as savings are always a GOOD IDEA.
3. ORGANIZE YOUR LIVES!: Responsible people are best planners of their lives. (see 11 Steps for Creating an Effective Plan) Their lives is an awesome example of a FAMOUS BOOK. Their lives are hyper organized to an amazing extent, all in names of keeping themselves on track. Martinez suggests, "Develop an organizational system to make sure that you are on top of your schedule, your goals, and your tasks that are due. Make sure that you are also tracking personal plans and obligations in the same manner, so that you never miss anything, and so you follow through on your word and promises."
4. BE ON TIME!: Some people are very irresponsible and not punctual. They lack punctuality in their daily tasks and routines, therefore, they lack success in their lives. If you want to be the successful person then set your time properly and give proper attention to your goals because nothing is more impressive and responsible than showing up on time. The habit of punctuality will make you independent, trustworthy and dependable. Try to run yourself on time and don't even waste a single minute of yours as TIME IS MONEY so spend it wisely.
5. HAVE A GOOD ROUTINE!: Having a good routine is GOLD. Be consistent and try to manage your life and routine in right track. Its been observed that people follow very unusual routines, like they sleep late at night at wake up at 12 noon, which is quite unhealthy routine and gives the gesture of irresponsibility. To flourish in your lives; be responsible, get up early in the morning and sleep early at night instead of sleeping at 2:00 A.M. You should have the proper schedule for your professional works and for your personal ones. Being responsible means that you are in control of everything you do.
6. CONTROL YOUR EMOTIONS!: Your emotions show your inner thoughts and open up the situation to others. Responsible people always stay calm and cool and they don't let their anger and jealousy get out of hand. They always take their decisions in PEACE. They are always in relaxed state of mind because they fulfill their responsibilities on time and in effective manner.
7. STOP COMPLAINING!: Complainers are not accepted in any society; they complain more and do nothing. They used to say much but they are failures at implementing those things. They are motionless and emotionless. Being a responsible person means you should stop complaining at any level and should take the responsibility for the things you are good at implementing. If you are not aware of doing anything, consult others for it for proper guidance, by doing this you will learn more and will progress more.
8. DON'T PROCRASTINATE!: There are very few hardworking people in the society. The ones who are hardworking are responsible and successful at every stage of their lives. Without hard work you cannot make big progress and for this you need to say NO TO PROCRASTINATION. The hours you spent on social media, scrolling through useless things can be better used for productive things like working out to maintain healthy life style, reading books to enhance your knowledge and vocabulary and moreover you can start and hopefully finish your undone work. You can inculcate effective skills in yourself which is better than wasting your precious time.
If you have spare spare time with you, utilize it effectively, creatively and in a smart manner because this procrastination will give you nothing but will leave you empty handed. (see 8 Practical Solutions to Procrastination)
9. SELF-DISCIPLINE!: A properly responsible person is always disciplined. Their life is a role model or blueprint for others. They have strong willpower and they have the power to make their decisions themselves instead of depending on others to make their life decisions. It is learned trait and everyone should try to develop and have a bit control over themselves. Perhaps it may take time to develop and it will want some work and determination but at the end you will led a successful life with all your wishes coming true in disciplinary manner! As AMY MORIN said on FORBES, "It's normal to want to avoid pain and discomfort, but trying to eliminate all discomfort will only reinforce to yourself that you can't handle distress." You can easily manage difficult tasks at comfort level when your life is disciplined.
PROS OF BEING RESPONSIBLE
- When you are responsible and give attention to the others people work then they will also return you the favor in respect of yours at your tough times.
- Your approaching level and comfort level becomes an example for others and you easily communicate with others.
- You stop speaking lies and this have positive effect on society.
- You learn how to manage your time effectively and productively.
-You will gain respect from others and other will recall you in "Golden" words.
-You learned to led a disciplined life.
You should be friendly and responsible towards the people around you. Responsibility isn't magic nor is it something you're born with. It's a skill you develop and work hard for. You can snag and work on some these tips to boost your responsibility game up.
QOTD: "You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today." - Abraham Lincoln
Well, guys, that's it from Hafsa make sure you check out her stuff and follow her on social media using the links below.
Remember to TAKE ACTION because to know and not to do is truly not to know.
If you like this blog, then check out her post on Personality Development:
Check her blog and follow or subscribe to it, EcoFriendly and follow her on Pinterest
For your further suggestions let me know in Comment box. Share this on social media if you found it interesting or useful. SUBSCRIBE to my blog so you don't miss a thing and get access to my free resources. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. If you're a blogger interested in guest posting or a collab then message me on the CONTACT PAGE or Instagram. See you on soon.
My name is Ofai and I'm passionate about blogging and it gives me fulfillment that I can help you out so sit back, relax and enjoy your weekly carats of #SelfImprovementGems with me!